Search This Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Righteous Hair

           Since the girlie was born I have felt...different. Not so good. Hormonal. My hair fell out for like, a year. It is brittle. My skin seems dry but, has those annoying ugly bumps all over it. Cycles,.. well, don't get me started. I have decided that I need to cut down on the xeno and phyto estrogens that I bombard my body with daily. That is the chemicals that are either man made or God made that we overdue because companies use these things for so many different reasons. Well, they are in everything. It's hard.
           The other day I realized I was almost out of my super yummy smelling Garnier Fructis shampoo. I made a decision to go to the local health food store and find a good alternative that would be better for my body. I walked up and down the shampoo aisle and chose one that smelled very much like a drink you would order on a beach somewhere. (are you noticing a theme.) It didn't have any of the offensive chemicals I was looking at or many others I never knew to avoid in the first place. It was supposed to be formulated for dry hair. That is it. That is what I want.
           The next night I washed my hair. WOW! Did it smell good. Coconuts. YUM! Although, when I rinsed I noticed it didn't feel very... slimy like the other shampoo felt. It had a more squeaky feel to it. It made me a little worried. That isn't such a good feeling with hair when you have dry hair. But, I re-read all of the things that the bottle claimed not to have in it and felt very righteous about the shampoo and smart. Definitily smarter.
            I added the Garnier Fructis conditioner I had (it never runs out as fast as the shampoo). And went ahead with my normal routine. Next morning I had HUGE hair. Now for those of you that have thin hair, you are now thinking, " Right On!!" No. I have big hair normally. Part of the ritual is to mellow it out. My hair was huge and frizzy. Not only that but, it felt like the scarecrow in the wizard of Oz. Are you kidding me??!! I have to get ready for church. What am I going to do with this.. this... MASS of hair?
             Well, I did what any other woman in my situation would do with 30 mins to be ready (kids included) to leave. I used tons of "product". We all know what this is. The slimy, oily, greasy, full of not only chemicals but, I'm sure it even has silicone in it products. Well, I got it tamed to go to church and not totally embarress my dear husband but, I did feel that sense righteousness going right out the door. So much for the fantastic chemical free shampoo that made me feel like I was doing something great for myself and maybe even the planet. Yea, at $10.00 for 8 oz. I don't think I will be buying that again. In fact, I think it goes in the boys shower (we know they don't care what their hair feels like).  I will hang my head and buy my $6.00 -24 oz. bottle of Fructis shampoo at Target. Because it works so much better. Well, I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment