Search This Blog

Sunday, August 22, 2010

I Live in a Vacation Destination

         What a day. Our summer has finally arrived. People are out in droves. The sad thing is most of the kids go back to school in a couple of weeks. I guess us home schoolers will have lots of space to sprawl out on the beaches. Great motivation for the kids. " Get your work done in a timely manner and we can go to the BEACH!" WOOHOO!! Wouldn't you get your work done? I almost want to start school now to use the leverage. Just kidding. Even moms like summer. We went to church this morning and what a message. Gotta love Doug Fields. If you have never heard one of his sermons, you should look him up on the internet. He has written several books, I think as well. His sermon was on, When your life script isn't God's life script for you. Man.... All I can say is, he was talking to my husband and I.
          Went to lunch with the grandparents. Just O.K. Company is good, food not so good. Don't you hate it when you are really hungry and the food in front of you isn't worth the calorie intake?
           Follow up that great morning with what?? The BEACH of course. How can you live a mile from the beach and not go?? Well, I always go several miles down the coast to the "better" beach. I know. I guess I am a beach snob. It was beautiful. The smells, the view, wow!
             Pick up a burrito on the way home. (Yes Bro at THAT place). What a perfect day!! When we got home I walked out on the patio and saw this:
Could it be anymore perfect than that??? My husband said, " It's kinda like we live in a vacation rental." What a great thought. So now if I get grouchy about not having any storage or not having enough room outside in the yard. I remember, people pay big for this view. And people vacation here. O.K. God is good and he is taking care of us. My God is a big God.

No comments:

Post a Comment