Search This Blog

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Grape Seed Oil on Your FACE!

            Well, I have been trying to cut down on our parabens in the family. Paraben is the word that is on the package when there has been xeno-estrogen's added. These aren't good for anyone for so many reasons. Well, I have been using Dermalogica on my face for years but, the last few months I have been getting little bumps all over my face. I am assuming it is stress or, ... I don't know. Anyway, I missed my nice clear complexion, smooth face.  You won't believe what I have been doing. I don't know about long term but, it has cleared up my face and my teenage sons (he was actually getting pimples and using dermalogicas products.) We have been washing our faces with .... Ready for this???  Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap.



 I am not kidding. I am a freak about not putting harsh things on my face.  I think that the peppermint being a natural antiseptic kills any bacteria. But, then,... ready..., we put Grape seed oil on after. Yes, the kind you cook with. It is amazing how my face feels the next day. I am floored. But, I do remember that when your face gets over dry it will produce more oil making pimples. I think my poor son was using the products before and they were making his problem worse. His face looks great. I have also been using the oil instead of lotion as well. My son had a dry patch on his skin that we kept putting lotion on and it wouldn't really go away. Two days and it was gone. Felt great! I used some on my legs after shaving. Great!! No burn and no red bumps like I used to get with the lotion. Just don't get it on your clothes. If you do take the clothing and run as hot of water as you can on it. Even use a little hot water you have warmed on the stove.
                I went to Target and got a small travel bottle to put the oil in so we could keep it in the bathroom. It also makes it easier to not put too much in your hand. It works great!
                So that is my little beauty tip for the day. I think it would work great to stave off wrinkles too.

No comments:

Post a Comment