Search This Blog

Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Not So Relaxing Soak

            I had a busy day. The usual, cleaned the house, made a couple of things for the crock-pot, wrangled children. I went down and got boxes of my books for school to start in a couple of weeks from the storage unit. Man, they were heavy and I hurt my back a little. So after everyone was in bed, I thought I can soak in the tub. Well, here is the sad situation that followed that decision.
              First, I looked in the tub and couldn't remember when it had been scrubbed last. Um, I think I will tough it out and get in anyway. Then I get a book, turn on the water, grab a towel and climb in. Ahhh warm water. Oh WAIT, I have a bath pillow. Oh and a cover for the overflow valve so I can make the tub deeper. I jump out and find the pillow. Well, it needs to be blow up. Blow. Blow. Wow that was harder then I would have thought. Can't find the overflow cover. Oh well, Climb back in and try to relax. Tubs awful short. The pillow only has one working suction cup. Got to balance the pillow while I get comfortable. NO big deal. Finally, am sitting back resting, by my self. No little one dumping water on my head. Or sticking a rubber duck in my face wanting me to make it quack. Or leaving gross floating "logs" for me. Just me and a new book. PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS....... What? What is that? A loud hissing in my ear. The pillow has a hole. I'll cover it with my back. No not working. And. And. What is that smell? The pillow is old and I think there is mildew inside that is now blowing in my face. Not comfortable.  Throw pillow. AAKKK! Cold porcelain to lean on. Fine. I am RELAXING.  Now all I can smell is mildew. I am grossing out about the tub feeling not so slick inside. Maybe it is just soap scum but,... O.K. I give up. I'm getting out. I should have just taken a shower. OH Yea, I forgot to brush my teeth. I have to go back to the bathroom and do that now.  So much for a relaxing bubble bath, alone, and refreshing. I'm out of bubble bath anyway and Mr. Bubble isn't really mommy friendly. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. This cracked me up! LOL! Thanks for the laugh. I hope you get a relaxing time in a tub with a new pillow soon. Hugs!

    Missy

    ReplyDelete