Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

How does a mom take a sick day???

           So I am pretty blessed. I don't get sick very often. I see a great natural dr. that keeps my family pretty healthy.  But, we all get sick occasionally. This last week was my week. Funny I think back to people looking down on my mom at dinner parties in the early 80's because she was a SAHM when it wasn't cool. They thought what she was doing then was easy. And really made fun at her expense. What do people who work do when they get sick? I guess they get a day off to recoup. They are bummed because they may lose pay. Or get behind at work. But, how many of those people could handle playing referee to a 3 yo and a 1 1/2 year old all day when you are so sick you can hardly get off the couch? I mean, who makes mom soup when she is sick? If you work all day, your kids have a daycare or babysitter you could drop them off for the day. Not a SAHM. We have the joy of being with our kids all the time.  That is great and, why we do it. But, man when you have a sinus headache so bad you can't open your eyes without tears streaming down your face, the blood curdling, " MOOOOMMMYYYYY! She tooookk MY TRUCK!!" Could bring you to your knees. Shouldn't there be a sick chair or something. "You know, Mommy is sick. You sit here all day and don't move so I can sleep and sip tea. Sound good honey?"  Doesn't fly with a toddler and preschooler. The olders think it is great. "MOM is sick YEA! video games and fixing whatever we can slip by her to eat." 
The littles, not so much. They stick that whiney thing into high gear and squeal a bit more just to see what happens. What happens is, mom puts on any movie you want, gives you popsicles and begs you to be a little quieter. 
Well, I was pretty sick. It took me two days before I felt good enough to make myself some chicken and rice soup. 
I make up a big homemade batch and then freeze some in jars so that when I get sick I can have some. It's also quicker if the kids get sick to just defrost it and add the rice or noodles for them then to make a whole fresh batch. I will post the recipe. It sure is nice to have some homemade soup when you are sick. Like I said earlier, Who makes mom soup when she is sick. I have an idea. Girls, when one of us is sick we will all get together and make each other soup. That would be great. Or if my brother, the chef lived closer I could ask him to make it. He'd probably spike it with chile powder to see me explode. Well, I am much better and now I will have to re-make a batch of soup to replenish my supplies. So a chicken in the crock tomorrow. 
I'll post the recipe in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment