Search This Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pogo-Sticks and Boogie Boards

            Funny, the summer break is just about over and I think I am sadder than the kids. Usually I am so ready to get back to schedules and learning. I would have gotten the curriculum all set out and categorized weeks ago. I would be doing little starter lessons already. Not this year. I know part of it is the new house and the difficult move but, I'm liking the rhythm of nothingness. I know it isn't really nothingness. My boys read daily and we do other activities. But isn't the summer so fun? Remember eating breakfast and then going outside to play. Just play. No  play dates. No schedule. No plan. Just play. Ride your bike. Play sardines. Have a race. Or have a pogo stick contest. What about going to the beach and riding a boogie board all day. Come home with sand in your swimsuit and a rash on your belly. I am really enjoying watching my older 2 play.  I know it is back to the iron mill for us all and I feel the inevitable change in the air of my children growing up. They will not always want to hop on a pogo stick.  I am sure I will miss watching that. Maybe that is what this is mostly about. So with school books showing up by the U.P.S. man daily and the notebooks being brought out to be put in order, I guess I have to be ready for school. I just wish I could have "just one more day, Mom. Please!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment