Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Visit From the Binky Fairy

          



           Son number three is having a birthday this next week. Since he is turning 4 I thought it would be a great idea to start talking about the Binky Fairy. All of my children have used one. I am not sure if you know what  a binky is but, in our house it is the pacifier. Well, my son seemed skeptical about giving it up. Even for a prize in it's place. And honestly, my husband did the whole, "Are you sure about this? He sleeps so good. He is a good napper." In my experience letting go of the binky can totally ruin a good napper. So after his talk, I was a little hesitant to push the Fairy visit. Well, my darling little boy tells me at bedtime that he is ready to do it. I promptly start talking him out of it. I mean, maybe it would be fine if he had it a little longer. I love nap time. It also means, as my husband put it, that we have one less baby in the house. Yes, we know he isn't a baby but, there are milestones (we've talked about these before) that choke us parents up as much as if not more than the first tooth and haircut. There are so many more things that mean your child is moving towards being an independent being. They are good things. In fact they are great. Just milestones worth taking pause over. Well, the night came and he had trouble going to sleep. So much so, I forgot to change out the Binky Box with the prize. Thankfully, my husband checked when he woke up and reminded me. I'm just glad it was a morning that the little guy ended up sleeping in. Late night and all. So the gift was exchanged (CARS Guys of course). Son wakes up and is so thrilled. He said these were special ones that the fairy must have gotten at the Fairy factory (oh there is a Fairy factory?) because he had never seen these before. I had stashed them for his birthday. Oh well, I will get him something else. The fairy gets credit for these.

                                               Elvis and Marco are their names they are cool.

Just thought I would share one of those special milestones in our family. For the record, it has been two days. He got out of bed 2 times last night and couldn't sleep for nap yesterday. Then he didn't want to fall asleep in the car today without the binky. He finally did. Not very long yet. I think I might miss the binky more than he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment