Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I have a teen in the house.

         Wow! I can't believe it was 13 years ago that I had my first labor and delivery. Man was that the longest 2 days of my life!!! Well, 13 years ago my darling boy came into this world. He hardly cried. He looked right at my husband and just stared as they put him under the warm lights. He is still that way. Watching everything around him. Mellow. What a blessing this little guy has been for me. He still is.
          My heart strings are being pulled tightly as he grows into a man and needs more independence. I am glad he his maturing in this manner but, I wonder about other areas. I wonder where his brain has gone. I wonder why he thinks that slow is the best pace for EVERYTHING! I wonder why he still thinks bodily functions are so funny. I wonder if he will let me hug him in public again. I wonder why it makes ME laugh so much to freak him out by dancing in the car (he will actually hide his face from other  cars. Like he is going to see those people ever again?). I wonder why I can embarress him so easily (and why it makes me laugh just a little sometimes). I wonder if he will always be nice to his sister. I wonder what he will become. I wonder if we have taught him everything he needs to know up to this point. I wonder when a girl will break his heart. And will he even tell us. I wonder what kind of girl he will marry.
           Being a mom to a teen-age boy is so weird. I talked to some friends last night that have been through this. They assured me that he will come back. He will hug me again of his own free will someday. He will find his brain and be able to communicate again with me and his dad. They did tell me that it will never be the same. He will be big forever now. We can never go back. Gone are the days of him sitting on my lap to read a book. Or him grabbing my hand and skipping down the street. He will probably never let me kiss his face all over just because.
           I am proud of him thus far on his road. I will try to be a pleasant bystander to the rest of his growing up. I guess to the rest of his life.
            I love you my big guy and hope you have a great day. May God hold you close and you listen to His gently prodding with your choices.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Teen boys are really great! I will really be sad when I don't have one around the house any more because they really come in handy! :) ~Leslie from the coffee shoppe

    ReplyDelete