Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

World Domination

        
             A friend wrote on Facebook that her baby was up at 5:45 this morning. The morning she really had planned to sleep in. Now the baby was asleep an hour later and she is awake.
              My reply is simple. They know our schedules and deepest desire for sleep and the plan of all children the world round, is to defeat all mom's extra sleep. They believe that a tired mama is easier to manipulate to get their way. They may have something there. Maybe the plan is much bigger, world domination.... Hahahaha.. Evil laugh. 
Yea, lack of sleep here too. Obviously. The slap happiness is a dead ringer.
             Even funnier is that I was talking to another friend this morning and was telling her how I have taken the highchairs out of the kitchen. There wasn't enough space. I replaced them with a plastic picnic bench. Yea, like that is a relaxing meal waiting to happen. My husband says after the littles have been up 15 times, "Where are the highchairs?"
            "Gone. There wasn't enough room." I think he would have rather stepped around them then watch me get up so many times during dinner. I would have never let my first 2 get away with that. They sat in a highchair until they were... I don't know 4. It was clean and easy. Little girl is 2. I don't know what I was thinking. 
            I am waiting for the landlord to call and ask why is the water bill so high. How do you explain it is because my little ones take at least 2 baths a day because it is the best place to put them so they will sit still and are happy so I can get something done. (I don't leave them alone. I will work in the bathroom or sit the 13 year old in the room with a book. Then everyone is happy). They are the cleanest kids in town. 
            My favorite time of day is the end of the day when we are all bathed (hm a trend?) and in jammies. Everyone is in bed. I can plop on the couch and watch something. Anything. I'm tired it doesn't really matter what it is. 
           I love my kids dearly. They are fun and precious. I wonder why we don't have kids when we are younger and have more energy? Oh yea, because then we are kids ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment