Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Christmas Cards

            Yes, it is early still but, I always get my cards at (my favorite store) Target.  Well, Target gets their cards in right after Halloween. That is really early. All of the good cards are gone by Thanksgiving. And since I need an absurd amount, 70 or so, if I wait they don't have enough of the ones I want. So, every year after Halloween, I pick up my ridiculous amount of Christmas cards for a great price.
             That is the easy part. Usually, I try to put a picture on the card of the kids. (I mean who really needs to see me and my husband and talk about the weight we have gained, lost, gained, lost,...) That means I have to get down to the mall (I don't like the mall anymore now that I have 4 kids) Around Thanksgiving to get the Santa picture. It all seems so timely. And a huge bother. I do love the picture of the kids but, I get tired of having to always beat the crowds.
             This year I am really excited. Our church offered free Christmas pictures at the new campus that we are opening on Christmas Eve. Well, they are of the whole family. (Yes, everyone will get to see where I am in my lost, gained, lost, gained, cycle). They turned out fantastic. What is better is that we had a family picture when we moved into our last house 10 years ago. That is also 2 kids ago. We really wanted a new family picture for over the fireplace. I am thrilled to say, this picture will work and we can order the prints online so I don't have to stand in line with all of the kids.
             All I have to do now is get all of the addresses in the computer again so I can print up address labels. And stuff them, and write in them, and...
             Have you done your cards yet? How do you do yours?
            
This is my cute little troop.
             I will be posting some new baby tips in the next post in honor of my cute niece that is due Thanksgiving with her first baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment