Search This Blog

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Soup



Funny view but, I wanted you to see the soup itself.


I used to make this for my preschool class years ago and love to do it for my kids on National Pumpkin day, which was on Sept. 29th. I really think I could add a sugar and cinnamon "chips" made from tortillas to go with it next time. Here it is, I hope you enjoy it.



6 cups of canned pumpkin
6 cups milk
3-4 TBL Butter
1/4-1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
Cinnamon and Nutmeg to taste
1 dribble of Vanilla (about a teaspoon)

Put it all in the crock-pot and turn it on low. Heat until warm. That is it. You could do it in a pan on the stove as well. Don't boil or over cook. The milk will get yucky. I will leave it in the crock for a few hours and let the kids drink it out of coffee cups.

Verdict: Yummy and sweet. Full of Vitamin A. I am not a big pumpkin fan so, I just like a little. My 2nd son LOVES it and drank probably 4 cups by himself. I ended up sending some to the neighbor kids house to share with his family. They loved it as well. Hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment