Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sharing my love one glass of tea at a time.

Tea=Love
            My family has kid's small group at church once a week. The whole family is involved. We each are either in a class learning or working as a teacher. Except little girl who is basically a mascot. Well, I have a dear friend that is so precious to me and I try to do little things to make her day. Send her a sweet text, a fun e-mail card or a glass of sweet tea whenever I come by the church and she is working. She works a lot. And the tea just makes her happy (see why we are friends?!). Tonight I had a big cup left from a drink I got at a fast food place. I washed it and filled it with crushed ice and lots of tea. She was thrilled to get it. This is a long day for her. We all know tea is a great pick me up.
              Well, I guess I am not so popular with other staffers now. Word got out that I brought her homemade sweet tea and it got a little ugly (not really ugly ). One lady asked my friend for a "sip" then didn't want to give the cup back. Another staffer says, "Well, you know where I am from. Where is mine?" I didn't know he was from Texas. Dude, you don't have a drawl and you were flip flops. Everyday. How am I supposed to know. I am truly sorry I have excluded so many. I think it made my friend a little giddy that she was in possession of something so truly sought after and it meant someone loved her. (We all understand that food = love. In this case Tea = love).
              My dear friends and co-leaders of Kid's Small Group, I will be bringing a gallon jug next week. Do you think one will be enough? I don't want anyone to feel unloved so, I will make that small gesture.
              Who can you show a little love to and share a glass of sweet tea? You will be surprised how it will make people smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment